System might crash at certain occasions due to some harmful virus/malware or device drivers conflicting the operations of Windows. This becomes more severe when you have some important files in your system or you have to do an important task. To prevent yourself from such problem, you don’t have to do the full backup of Windows that can take plenty of disk space. In such case, you need to do is to use an amazing feature of Windows that lets you restore back your files to a certain point if any unexpected things occur. So, thus unique feature is System Restore as it creates a restore point by saving the current state of your Windows system. You can take advantage of this feature, once you configure System Restore feature in Windows 10. Whenever a new program, device driver or Windows update is installed on your system, Windows can create it automatically. You can also configure it manually. So, here I will be guiding you how to configure the system restore feature in Windows 10.
Advantages of System Restore Feature in Windows 10:
- It is easy to configure
- You can create a restore point to save the recent state of your Windows
- It does not require a large hard disk space as compared to full backup
Configure System Restore Feature in Windows 10:
To create a System Restore Point using System Restore feature of Windows 10, you have to enable it inside settings. Follow below mentioned steps:Enabling System Restore:
To enable system restore in Windows 10, follow below-mentioned steps.
- Search for System Restore using Cortana in your Windows 10. Now, click on Create a restore point.
- A System Properties window will appear containing the settings for restore point. Now, go to Protection Settings and make it sure that protection is enabled on Local Disk C.
- If it is disabled, then select that disk and click on the Configure option to enable the protection. Click on Apply and OK to apply the protection settings.
- Now, the system will automatically create a restore point whenever a change happens in the Windows system.
Creating System Restore Point:
If you want to create a manual restore point, then follow below steps.
- To create it manually, click on Create button while selecting Local Disk C inside System protection.
- The next window you need to type the description of the restore point. Click on Create option to start the process.
Restoring the System using System Restore Point:
In order to restore system, follow below mentioned steps.
Search for System Restore using Cortana and click on Create a restore point.
- Inside System Properties window, click on System Restore.
- Inside System Restore window, select option labeled Choose a different restore point and click on Next button.
You can select any restore point existing in the list and click on Next button to start the restoration process. Once the process is carried out successfully, you will be reverted to the state you saved before.
You may lose data during the entire process from the Windows 10 system but don’t get worried. In such situation, you can opt File Recovery software to recover deleted or lost data from the system on Windows 10 with ease. For more details, you can visit this link: http://www.filesrecoverysoftware.net
Features of File Recovery Software:
- This software has a preview option using which you can view the recovered files before saving them at any of the desired location.
- It performs file retrieval after re-installing Windows OS.
- The files that can be recovered using this tool can be compressed to save memory space.
- Compatible on all major versions of Mac and Windows based operating system.
- This reliable utility helps to recover files from various hard drive interfaces like ATA, PATA, SATA, IDE, SCSI, etc.
- It supports data recovery from memory stick, memory card, external hard drive, pen drive, SSD, flash drive, etc. easily.
Steps to Recover Lost File on System:
Step1: Download the demo version of File Recovery Software from the website and install it on your system. Launch it by manually clicking on the shortcut icon. The first window pops up with 3 different options, select “Recover Files” option.
Figure A: Main Screen
Step2: Select either “Recover Deleted Files” or “Recover Lost Files” based on the data loss scenarios. A window appears with the list of drives. Select the required drive and click “Next” option to start recovering files.
Figure B: Select Mode Screen
Step3: This software scans your drive and provides you with a list of files recovered from your drive. Select the file from the list and save it on any desired location.
Figure C: Preview Screen